- Controlling Air in Irrigation Systems with Netafim’s Valves.
- Three types of air valves are usually installed in irrigation systems:
- Kinetic valves release large quantities of air from non-pressurized pipes and are mainly used when filling a line.
- Kinetic valves are also known as air or vacuum valves, large orifice air valves,vacuum breakers, low-pressure air valves and air-relief valves.
- Automatic air valves continuously release relatively small quantities of air from a pressurized line.
- These valves are also known as air release valves,small orifice air valves and pressure air valves.
Combination (double) valves:
- Combined air valves may fulfill the tasks required of both kinetic and automatic types.
- Each of these releases large volumes of air when filling and emptying a system, continuously releasing small volumes of air when the line is pressurized.
- Combined air valves are also known as double orifice air valves.